AN EXTRAORDINARY EXECUTIVE COACHING PLAN
Groups and Individuals
Annabel provides executive consulting sessions for both individual and executive team development. The focal point of all consultation is to enhance your capacity to read and respond to new realities and to adapt to change thereby becoming a more thoughtful and effective decision maker.
Our work together results in enhanced performance, greater fulfillment in your personal and professional life, and greater personal wisdom. In the course of our engagement, you will learn how to find new perspectives in the way you engage in the world. You will gain insights into how you take up your authority; how you exercise leadership; the roles you typically play, and your potential for further development.
Together we analyze the systems of which you are part, and you learn techniques for reading your environment and the group dynamics of your organization in new ways.
We focus on your presentation and communication skills and address those areas that inhibit your ability to communicate your potential.
In the process of addressing the specific issues you are facing we devise a Personal Strategic Plan that outlines the desired adaptive and technical work that will help you with both your business management and personal development tasks.
We work together on leadership strategies aimed at achieving predetermined goals, and we devise barometers for analyzing your interpersonal and intrapersonal emotional intelligence. Our sessions will be a combination of intellectual rigor and emotional stretch – punctuated by good humor.
EXECUTIVE COACHING PLAN
This extraordinary executive coaching plan is designed for people who are senior managers, directors, vice presidents or members of the c-suite. The program is both expansive and intense and presumes the individual (this can be a group program too), has had at least ten years of work experience.
The program covers a period of six months with face to face or telephonic or skype meetings of 60 to 90 minutes every two weeks. Written and reading assignments are given each week as well as practical applications that are required to be reported on.
Overall Key Coaching Goals
The overall key coaching goals include –
- Enhancing self-awareness and the capacity for self-reflection
- Advancing emotional intelligence skills
- Developing greater mindfulness and presence to encounters in the present moment
- Increasing self-confidence and self-esteem
- Assisting the individual/group to develop his or her adaptive capacity
- Better understanding of the nature and power of systems
Initial Discussion and Preparation for the Assignment
- Discussion with supervisor (if appropriate)
- Discussion with coachee
- A one to two page self-reflection essay setting out areas that the coachee wishes to address or work on
- A 360 degree assessment
- A selection of the topics below to be included in the six month coaching assignment
The coachee/s will be asked to read certain books and articles including the booklet Staying Clear as backdrop and input into the various sessions.
Reading and practical assignments will be given each week and will be reviewed and discussed during the following sessions.
Topics to be included in Coaching Discussions
During the initial discussion the coachee and the supervisor will select which topics are most suitable and which domains should be given priority and emphasis.
The coachee/group will have ample opportunity to address their specific issues within the context of the domains set out below.
- Advancing emotional intelligence (EI)
- Understanding authority, power and influence
- Appreciation of the concept of role and role conflict at work
- Culture and systems thinking
- Ethics, values and decision-making
- Leadership, what it is and how to exercise it
- Managing change
- Inspiring and mobilizing others
- Understanding Group Dynamics
- Managing Teams
- Executive presence and effective communications
- Negotiation and difficult conversations
- Mindfulness practices that enhance self-awareness, self-management and leadership skills
Ongoing discussions and review
There will be a mid-period assessment with the supervisor to discuss progress.
At the end of the assignment, the coachee will be asked to write a one or two page reflection paper on what she or he has learned and/or what has been transformational over the six month period.
The coach, Annabel, will also provide an executive overview of the six month experience.
Annabel Beerel, PhD (Social Ethics), MBA (Finance), MA (Psych)